Winter Break: January 2-13, 2019
Students will gain an understanding of the land of the Bible, stories of Jesus, and history of early Christianity. Visit the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Bethlehem and the Mount of Olives amongst other historical sites. The tour has both academic and spiritual dimensions. The project provides deeper insight into the people, places, and perspectives that are part of the contemporary Middle East conflict. The project facilitates growth in faith through personal reflection on the stories of faith in the context from which those stories originated. Check out the Israel Travel Seminar 2018-2019
Day 1 - Depart MSP
Day 2 - Arrive at Ben Gurion and drive north to Kibbutz Ein Gev
Day 3 - Sites around the Sea of Galilee
Day 4 - All day hike up Sussita Mountain
Day 5 - Nazareth, Tabor, Sepphoris
Day 6 - Bet Shean, Qumran, Ein Gedi, Dead Sea
Day 7 - Masada and arrive in Jerusalem
Day 8 - Mount of Olives and Christian sites in the Old City
Day 9 - Western Wall, Davidson Center, City or David, Hezekiah's tunnel
Day 10 - Bethlehem
Day 11 - Jerusalem museums and Depart
Day 12 - Arrive MSP
Trip participants must enroll in one of the courses listed below during Spring Semester 2019. The courses listed below are 1 or 4 credits each, students will need to leave room in their spring schedule for 1 or 4 credits. Contact the faculty leaders for more information on course requirements.
- Archaeology and the Bible (4 credits) CRN 20931 *Meets Intermediate Theology general education requirement
- The Land of the Bible (1 credit) CRN 20936
- This program is open to undergraduate and adult undergraduate students.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must register for one of the course associated with the travel seminar.
- Must comply with all deadlines for applications, document submissions, deposits, and other payments.
Dr. Mark Schuler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Koschmann: email@example.com
What's included in the program fee?
- Round trip airfare departing and arriving from Minneapolis
- Some meals
- Local transportation
- Field trips and entry fees
- Program Deposit ($500) - due by application deadline
- Faculty leader support
- iNext International Insurance