- NUI Galway is amongst the top 2% universities in the world and in the top 200 international universities in the world.
- Five colleges offer a wide variety of academic choices.
- Gain a unique academic experience through having the choice to take small specialized courses of 20-30 students or get the large school feel with lectures of up to 300 students.
- 3 unique programs are offered only for visiting international students: Literacy and Learning in the Community (service-learning education-based course), Exploring the Indigenous Arts (exploring performance arts such as music, dance, song and drama), and Exploring Irish Theatre (study and perform Irish-based plays and writing).
The program is located in Galway, Ireland, a quaint arts-based city on the West coast of Ireland. Galway is a University town, with 30% of residents connected or attending the University. Galway is a short two hour train ride from Dublin or a one hour trip from Shannon International airport. The campus has over 150 clubs to choose from, has a 24 hour support line, an on campus (free) health care center, and a dedicated international student officer so you will feel supported from the start of your program.
NUI Galway offers a wide range of modules (courses). Students most commonly take courses in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Earth and Ocean Science
- Irish Theatre
- Literacy and Learning in the Community
- Performing Arts
- Political Studies
Live among other international and UK students in the on-campus apartments. The student hall of residence, Corrib Village
, has 2 or 3 bedroom apartment-style housing that has its own kitchens, bathrooms and lounges. In addition it features 24 hour security, an on-site deli/café, coin-operated laundry, a study room, and even sports facilities.
Semester Program Cost
NUI Galway allows students to study abroad for the same tuition you pay at Concordia. You will pay housing directly to NUI Galway or the accommodations provider of your choosing (if not living on campus). Please note cost estimates and fees may change depending on international economic factors. Make an appointment with a study abroad advisor to fill out a cost estimate form.
Program Fee: $14,485
Estimated Out-of-Pocket Expenses: $3,200
Estimated Total Cost: $17,685
Compare this program cost to CSP's cost of attendance. The estimated total does not factor in CSP Scholarship and financial aid. It is possible to use financial aid for this study abroad program. Plan to meet with your financial aid counselor to see how financial aide can apply to study abroad.
What's included in the program fee?
- Study Abroad Administration fee
- Personalized Advising
- Pre-departure orientation
- Visa guidance
- Airport pick-up service
- On-site support
- Transcript issuance
- Re-entry support
What's not included?
- International insurance
- Books and class materials
- Personal expenses
- Additional travel
A passport valid for 6 months beyond the end of the program is required. There is no visa required for U.S. citizens.